lunes, 16 de noviembre de 2009

Unit 5: Vocabulary

Verbs of perception and opinion

1. Assume: To accept something to be true without question or proof.
Example: I assumed (that) you knew each other because you went to the same school.

2. Agree: To have the same opinion, or to accept a suggestion or idea.
Example: I agree with you on this issue.

3. Believe: To think that something is true, correct or real.
Example: He believes that all children are born with equal intelligence.

4. Decide: To choose something, especially after thinking carefully about several possibilities.
Example: We decided to go to the theatre.

5. Feel: To experience something physical or emotional.
Example: "How are you feeling?" "Not too bad, but I've still got a slight headache.”

6. Hope: To want something to happen very much.
Example: I hope (that) she'll win.

7. Know: To have information.
Example: She knows the name of every kid in the school.

8. Worry: To ask yourself questions.
Example: "Have you decided where you're going next summer?" "I've been wondering about (= considering) going to Florida”.

9. Think: To believe something or have an opinion or idea.
Example: I think (that) I've met you before.

10. Expect: To think or believe something will happen, or someone will arrive.
Example: He didn't expect to see me.

No hay comentarios: